Debutify Guest Post Guidelines
Thanks for exploring guest blogging opportunities at Debutify!
We love collaborating with guest writers who produce meaningful, quality content to share with our incredible Debutify community.
Before you write your draft, please review the below guidelines and these examples of Guest Posts that have wowed our team:
- eCommerce Link Building
- Understanding Consumer Behavior
- How to Leverage International Markets
- Omnichannel eCommerce
When you're writing for Debutify, please:
Minimum Draft Requirements
These are the general minimum requirements, and more specific instructions may be sent to you by your Debutify contact.
If any of these minimum requirements are not met, we will immediately send the article back.
- Word count: 1500+ in a Google Doc format with general editing access
- Use American English
- Include three strong title suggestions that incorporate the keyword
- Include a meta description and meta title
- Hit the SurferSEO content requirements provided by your contact
- Link to at least three to five Debutify pages (blogs, guides, landing pages, etc.)
- Limit your partner/negotiated/brand links to three, and don't link to ClickUp competitors
- Cite and link plenty of original research, reputable statistics, and/or subject matter experts.
- Include at least three images/GIFs with their original source link (we love screenshots, and please avoid stock photos)
- Insert the author bio at the end of the article with the link to the LinkedIn profile
- Include a Google Drive link that houses all the images/GIFs used, a high-res png of your company logo, and a professional photo of the author
- Don't forget to add your Author's Bio with the following details:
- - Full Name
- - Picture in 200px*200px (JPG or PNG format)
- - Short profile (around 220 characters)
- - Social media handle links
- Just because a draft hits the minimum requirements does not guarantee we will publish it. We use an internal rubric to ensure that the content is high quality and useful to our readers.
- We reserve the right to reject the article at any point in the process. This will happen if you consistently ignore instructions or if the quality of the post is below expectations.
We aim to create the best, most informative, and most enjoyable articles about eCommerce, marketing, branding, and D2C brands.
To do so, here are some of our basic guest post guidelines:
- Ideas that are original and persuasive, as well as high-quality writing
- All content needs to be original; we will not accept republished or plagiarized articles
- The article must reflect Debutify's brand voice and writing style:
- Casual: Be simple but professional. Sound like a human.
- Positive: Set the tone. Be confident and friendly.
- Excited: This is a safe place to use ! and emojis.
- Authoritative: Address the readers professionally, don't use jargon.
- Engaging: Use powerful storytelling.
- Humorous/Witty: Show your fun side when appropriate 👍
- Conversational: Write like you’re having a friendly conversation, and use pronouns I, we, and address readers as You 😊
- Easy to understand: Get straight to the point, especially in the introduction.
- Your article needs to be centered around at least one target keyword
- Incorporate ALL the primary keywords in each article. Make sure to use at least one of them in the:
- - Title (ideally at the beginning of the first keyword)
- - 1st paragraph (first keyword)
- - Subheading
- Hyperlink all research and statistics to the original source material (e.g., case study, survey, etc.)
- Check the given surfer SEO Link (ie. https://app.surferseo.com/drafts/s/cChHiZdS5GOIjMfUH2HRy7_Yr4ZhQSHZ) and take note of the following suggestions:
- - Keywords/terms to use (including the number of times to be used)
- - Natural language processing (NLP) keywords (including the number of times to be used)
- - Titles and Headings based on competitors
- - Outline suggestions
- - Topic & Questions (make sure you answer the questions)
- - Competitors
- Run the article via Surfer SEO and aim for a content score of 70 and above
- Run the article at http://hemingwayapp.com/ and aim for Grade 7 readability and below
- Run through Copyscape to make sure there is no plagiarized content
- The preferred image size is 1200px x 628px. Please resize your images to fit the width.
- Write content that is relevant, informative, and actionable
- Let's make the tone conversational and a bit loose, although not overly casual.:
- - Use the 2nd person POV ("you") = customer-centric POV
- - Write to one person
- - It's okay to use some contractions (don't, it's, etc.)
- Be specific and get to the point in everything you are writing
- Main ideas should always be broken up by keyword-driven H2s and H3s:
- - Make clear transitions from one major point to the next—how do they relate?
- - The article's main idea should always be clear and re-iterated throughout the article, the reader should always know what the article's main idea is
- Break your article into small paragraphs, maximum of 4 lines per paragraph; no more than 3-5 sentences per paragraph
- Use shorter sentences, no more than 25 words in a sentence
- Use numbered lists and bullet points wherever possible to break up the writing and make it easier for the reader to understand key steps
- Write out numbers ten and under in the body paragraphs (excluding headlines and meta descriptions)
- Always include data, examples, images, and quotes if possible to break up text and allow for white space for readability (GIFS are welcome too!)
- Emojis 😉 are acceptable but use them sparingly. When unsure of what emoji to use, refer to the emoji library.
- Bold main takeaway sentence for each header (if the reader were scanning, what is the most important sentence they should not miss?)
- Write a short and engaging introduction and show why this topic is timely or relevant to our audience, examples
- - pose a question?
- - say something funny 😂
- - drop a big statement 😮
- - introduce an eye-opening statistic or figure 📈 🤔
- Include a strong conclusion that is creative and have fun
- (avoid naming it Conclusion 😉 )
- Bulleted sentences don't end with periods (just like this sentence)
Scaling your brand has never
Debutify is built for businesses of all sizes. Whether you’re just starting out or are ready to scale, Debutify has the apps and support you need to succeed.
Full access to all features.
No credit card needed.