You are a wine seller in the Old World. To sell, all you have to do is give out free samples in the streets. You'll be having a crown gather around you in a short time!
Don't you think it would be wonderful if businesses were like that until today?
Well, marketing has come a long way from just promoting your trade on the streets.
Today, you would have to compete in an already noisy digital space.
You also have to attract your target audience. Then, nurture them through your sales funnel. You have to keep doing that until they convert into paying customers.
Do you know what happens when you don't?
Warning: It's not good.
Your competitors will leverage digital marketing to the fullest, and you will fall behind.
To have a successful digital marketing strategy, you need to know the right channels for you to invest in.
Keep reading, and you'll find out what the top digital marketing channels are... So you can invest your money well.
Let's jump right in...
What Is A Digital Marketing Channel?
Digital marketing channels are also called online marketing channels. These are platforms through which you can reach your target audience. You can communicate information regarding your products or services.
If that sounds too broad, don't worry.
Read more and look at the list of important digital marketing channels you can use.
On the other hand, you need to define the goals of your digital marketing campaign. This will help you better choose the right digital marketing channels.
To help you out, let's answer...
How Can You Benefit From Learning About Different Marketing Channels?
You know it as well as I do... Digital buyers are on the rise.
This means that digital channels are powerful avenues for you to engage with prospective customers.
And when you do choose the right channel, you can build relationships with your customers.
Here's what I mean.
It can also help you determine what kind of information your target audience needs.
Plus, the channels for digital marketing work as a two-way street. Your target audience can also interact with your brand.
That means you can gauge how they react to your marketing campaigns. You'll easily see which works and which doesn't.
So, choosing the best channels can deliver you the best ROI.
Want to see how it works right now?
Top 6 Digital Marketing Channels For Your eCommerce Business
There are a lot of channels you can utilize for your digital marketing strategy.
But these six, notably, are the most effective ones that fit most businesses.
Let's start with...
1. Content Marketing
Isn't this blog post helpful?
I'm glad you think so!
You see, content marketing includes video marketing, blog posts, podcasts, infographics, and case studies.
Content marketing refers to using targeting content to increase website traffic.
Because it's more focused on being educational, it can also help your audience in their decision-making.
And it works!
Not only does it costs a lot less than traditional marketing. It also generates 3x more per dollar spent.
For your content marketing strategy, keep in mind the following tips:
- Focus your content marketing on video ads. Internet users love video. You can do brand storytelling and short video ads.
- Format your blog posts well. Use creative headlines, subheadings, and images.
- Make sure that your content marketing efforts are in line with your brand voice. For instance, your social media posts should align with your blog posts' messages.
As long as you consistently deliver high-quality content, you'll see an increase in your organic traffic.
Level up your marketing game with...
2. Social Media Marketing
Don't try to deny it... most of the people you know have a presence on social media. And they at least spend a few minutes every day on social media platforms.
Including you, of course!
These online marketing channels are a powerful way of building your brand recognition. Additionally, you can engage both existing and prospective customers.
More than half of digital browsers use social media to research products.
So how can you take full advantage of social media marketing?
It can be a bit difficult to craft a perfect social media campaign. Especially since you have to customize your marketing strategies for each platform.
To help you out, here are some tips for you:
- Instagram is all about visual content. So make use of every feature it has, like reels and IG stories.
- Facebook has free tools made for businesses. You can create a Facebook Business page to gain access to its Ad management platform.
- Make sure to include your social media channels everywhere. Include it on your website and emails.
- Experiment with different times and frequencies of which you post on your platforms. Establish which ones your target audience interacts with the most.
The best thing about social media marketing is its high effectiveness. It won't spend too much of your ad spend, too.
The next digital marketing avenue you need to keep an eye out for is...
3. Email Marketing
With email marketing, you can send out post-purchase emails, promotional emails, and even newsletters.
Email is also one of the most personal ways your brand can communicate with customers. This means you can build better relationships with them.
In turn, this can drive more sales and conversions for your business.
To do this, your email marketing should be all about your customers.
Let me explain.
For email marketing, message personalization is the key. It can improve your email performance by making your customers feel special enough to read your content.
Ensure that your email marketing campaigns are mobile-friendly. Most people open their emails on their mobile devices.
Consider these tips for this marketing channel:
- Offer exclusive content in your emails, like special discounts and free shipping. These bargains can get non-subscribers to sign up for your email updates.
- Test out different subject lines. Determined which kind gets you more open rates.
- Keep your emails brief and to the point. A wall of text will turn away your readers.
Lastly, keep your emails relatable!
It's personal communication to your customers, after all.
Your digital campaign should also include...
4. Search Engine Marketing
Search engines are tools that comb through the World Wide Web to give users information.
So, search engine marketing means striving to rank high on these search engine results.
Search engine marketing covers two activities: Search engine optimization and paid search.
Search engine optimization (SEO) relies on earning visibility through organic search. Paid search includes paying for ads.
These two types have one goal in common. It's to gain the top spot on search results.
But they are very much different when it comes to their process.
Search Engine Optimization
The first step you can take is to conduct keyword research. You need to identify which keywords are relevant to your target audience.
Use these keywords and links within your content to appear on organic search results.
You can use tools such as Google Keyword Planner to build backlinks on your website.
Here are more tips for your organic search!
- Guest blogging can help you build quality backlinks. Try to get industry influencers to vouch for you through their feedback.
- Search engines love high-quality content. Be consistent in delivering your content and organizing your site's structure.
Let's move on to...
This type of marketing campaign lets you display advertising on search engine platforms. Google Ads, Bing Ads, and Facebook Ads are part of it.
Paid search works through the pay-per-click model. This means you pay every time a user clicks on your ad.
With paid search, you can also gain more valuable information about your audience. The data includes their gender, location, and time they search for your business.
Your business can also earn $2 in revenue for each dollar you spend on Google Ads.
Before you display advertising for your brand, remember:
- Your ads should be linked to a relevant landing page. This will increase your chances of converting your audience.
- Work with different keywords and ad copy. Optimize it based on the data you gather.
No wonder every digital marketer goes gaga for PPC!
With it, you can better scale your campaigns.
Digital marketing also includes...
5. Mobile Marketing
Mobile marketing comprises any marketing that targets consumers via mobile devices.
There are a few channels you can use this for. Mobile websites, mobile search, display ads, and in-app ads are part of it.
Pretty much everyone has a smartphone. You can reach beyond your target audience into newer ones.
As long as you abide by the following, your marketing effort won't go to waste:
- Use SMS or text messaging. You can send promotional offers and push notifications.
- Consider creating a mobile app for your brand. You can immediately engage with customers through mobile.
- Make sure your eCommerce site is optimized for mobile. Use a mobile-friendly theme. Make it easy to navigate.
- Offer a one-click checkout. It will make it easier for your customers to buy from your brand.
Last but not least, digital marketing needs to have...
6. Word-Of-Mouth Marketing
Word of mouth marketing revolves around the recommendations of one person to another. It can be about the products or services they bought or experienced.
This channel is a strong contender. You see, 90% of consumers trust the opinions of their friends and family more than any advertising.
Reviews and any type of feedback from your customers can help you generate brand awareness. Moreover, the social proof can also increase conversions and sales.
With your loyal customers by your side, they can vouch for your brand. You can establish your brand as a trustworthy and reliable brand.
So, make sure to...
- Offer a great customer experience. Meet more than their expectations for them to refer your business to others.
- Leverage user-generated content. Post reviews on your social media channels and product pages.
- Ask your customers to leave ratings and reviews. It can either be through your site or Google, Yelp, etc.
These are the channels for digital marketing you can use to the fullest!
Now it's time for you to...
Create A Robust Digital Marketing Strategy!
You have a variety of channels you can promote your products or services on.
With the information you just gained, you can better pick which ones to use for your business. Of course, consider your marketing goals and strategies, too.
Ultimately, think of these platforms as your ways to communicate with your customers.
So choose wisely!
And when you get them to visit your eCommerce site, make sure to give them a warm welcome.
You can do that through Debutify Theme.
It's a Shopify theme that isn't like the rest. It's also your Profit Optimization partner.
With over 50 Add-Ons, you can boost your AOV, and increase conversions, and profits!
Get started now and...
14-Day Free Trial. 1 Click Installation. No Credit Card Required.