We live in a society where everything is becoming digitized. Nearly all businesses today are being done electronically over the internet.
As time advances, technology also advances. Entrepreneurs and business people should be keen to note the changes in technology and adjust their business accordingly, lest they will not be able to withstand competition and other emerging issues in the business world.
It is, therefore, imperative for all business-oriented persons to know about e-commerce and its marketing.
E-commerce is buying and selling goods electronically via the internet. Unlike other kinds of marketing that are done offline via televisions, radios, newspapers, and posters, e-commerce marketing is done via the internet.
E-commerce marketing is creating awareness about a business that sells its products or service online. Establishing an online shop is an easy way to do e-commerce; this is referred to as Shopify marketing e-commerce.
To sell online, one needs more than a website. Shopify is a complete ecommerce platform that helps you start, grow, and manage your business online.
Shopify has created keeping in view the importance of the marketing aspect of any online store. It allows you to create a great storefront within seconds and use the various built-in marketing tools to drive traffic and increase online sales.
Within Shopify are marketing resources such as email marketing, SEO, and a Shopify affiliate program. For all investors looking for an easy way to do e-commerce and to sell their products, Shopify Marketing E-commerce is the solution.
Choosing a theme for Shopify is very important since the appearance of the store has a lot to do with attracting clients and potential customers.
Debutify theme is one of the best themes one can use on Shopify. The theme has regular updates that keep it fresh and competitive.
You cannot resist the first site of this theme. It is mobile-friendly, and its simple code makes it fast and efficient.
Types Of E-commerce Marketing
Social Media Marketing - this is the use of social media websites and apps to connect with your audience to build your brand and increase your sales.
The social media platforms include; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Whatsapp. These help in building relations with the customer hence building loyalty. Social media marketing can be made more effective by:
Showing Your Product On Social Media Platforms- will draw the attention of the audience to the product pages.
Creating Shoppable Content- this is content that enables your audience to order the product and buy it right away.
Email Marketing- this type of marketing involves sending emails to a list of potential customers. It provides direct contact with the clients and can drive prospective customers to your website.
It is easy and effective in that you can send updates and reminders to your customers within a short time. It is also useful in doing a follow-up on people who have made purchases in the past.
Search Engine Optimization(SEO)- this is the process of getting traffic through a natural search on the search engines. By using the website more often, one can maximize its chances of ranking well for relevant searches.
Content Marketing- it involves continually creating and distributing valuable and relevant information about a brand. It is crucial in that it helps in attracting and retaining a specific audience who can ultimately become potential customers. It focuses more on communicating with the customer without always selling.
Content marketing can be done by optimizing the product page, writing relevant blogs, and creating quest posts for external websites.
Affiliate Marketing- this involves using people who help to sell your product online for a commission. These people who help sell the commodity are called affiliates.
They usually promote the products using their blogs and earn profits for each sale they make.
Influencer Marketing- this involves using a group of people or a brand that possesses a significant influence on potential buyers of your product. This could include using a celebrity, an Instagram account with a large number of followers, or a community that your target audience follows or belongs to.
Pay –Per-Click Advertising- this is the process of gaining traffic by purchasing ads on the search engine. The advertiser gets charged a pre-determined amount every time the ad gets clicked. Examples of these search engines are Google Adwords and Bing Ads.
E-commerce Marketing Tips
- Use personalization-this involves identifying the unique needs of each of your customers and addressing them. Personalization allows the investor to get the customer to purchase their products easily by putting what the customer needs right in front of him or her rather than waiting for them to search for it.
- Capitalize on user-generated content (UGC)-UGC focuses on ways to make your customers advertise your product to others. In so doing, traffic is driven to your website. UGC can be done by giving gifts to the customers, review platforms where customers can provide their feedback, and through social media hashtags
- Build a loyalty program-this is all about creating a program that gives incentives to loyal customers.
- Generate a word of mouth marketing
Advantages Of E-commerce Marketing
- Reduction of cost –the cost of advertising online is affordable, and many social media platforms such as Facebook allow free advertisements.
- Fast response- the investor can get a customer response within a very short time.
- Extremely low risk-for companies with sensitive information like law firms and online magazines can deliver their products directly.
- Increased interactivity- the investor can interact more often with potential customers thus creating a better relationship which will, in turn, favor the business in term of sales and customer’s loyalty
- Boundless universal accessibility-it provides 24 hours daily services to users .this enables the investor to build and make customer relationships worldwide
Disadvantages Of E-commerce Marketing
- Dependability on technology-this will affect people who prefer to live interaction while buying any product. They will be completely locked out from purchasing the product.
- Security and privacy issues-advertising one’s product on the internet does not have a limit on the people to see the product.
- Worldwide competition-when a product is on the internet it will have to face the competition of all other products of the same kind offered online in the whole world.